The AL5811 expands Diodes' Linear LED Driver family with a driver optimized to drive lower power LEDs. Like the AL5812, the device's 60 V capability enables it to drive long LED chains (up to 16 white LEDs) while operating from rails as low as 3.5 V. This allows the device to operate with 5 V, 12 V, or 24 V AC/DC, and 48 VDC rails.
The AL5811 operates with the minimal amounts of external components; just a decoupling capacitor and a high value LED current setting resistor. This allows the use of small size and low cost external components, resulting in a small solution footprint.
The accuracy, temperature range, and cost make it ideally suited to cost-sensitive lighting applications.
The AL5811 is available in MSOP-8EP and U-DFN3030-6 thermally enhanced packages which support linear operations over the wide operating voltage range and ambient temperatures.
- Small footprint, thermally-enhanced surface mount packages
- High-value current setting resistor RSET
- 6% initial average LED current accuracy
- 1 to 60 V output voltage range
- -40 °C to +125 °C temperature range
- Secondary side, local LED current regulation
- Instrument illumination