BNS Solutions' E Ink Quick Start Kit is an excellent tool for evaluating and understanding E Ink segmented displays. Standard E Ink segmented displays allow for easy integration into an embedded system at a low cost to trial, making it fast and affordable to develop prototypes. The understanding gained by using the kit will also allow an engineer to construct a simple demo for others in their organization and evaluate if custom E Ink segmented displays will add value to their product. The sample code can be used to understand how the display can be driven by the target system easily. Written in C, much of the sample code can be used in the end design. Using the Renesas RL78 MCU, the E Ink Quick Start Kit is designed for 5 volt driving. E Ink Quick Start Kit works only with PC. Requires Windows™ XP or later.
The E Ink Quick Start Kit includes:
- Renesas MCU board designed for 5 volt driving with interconnect to a series of standard E Ink segmented displays
- Mini USB cable to connect to a Windows PC
- Sample demo project with source code
- Two standard E Ink segmented displays:
- On-line design guides
- A Windows PC application to configure and run the demo board