Bel Power Solutions FPN1500 and FNP1800 front-end converters are power factor corrected (PFC) that provide 12 VDC and 48 VDC (1500- and 1800-watt) outputs and can be used to hot-swap redundant systems. The very small dimensions of these converters allow configuration of up to three units in a 1U rack. The FNP front-ends have front-mounted receptacles. The highly efficient thermal design with internal fan cooling provides very high reliability and permits the use of these converters over wide temperature ranges.
Status information is provided with front panel LEDs, logic signals, and via an I²C management interface. In addition, the I²C bus can enable the power supply, set high fan speed, adjust the output voltage, and set the output current limit. The FNP1500 and FNP1800 meet international safety standards and display the CE mark for the European Low Voltage Directive (LVD).
- RoHS compliant for all six substances
- High-density front-ends 15.2 to 18.3 W/in³
- Wide input voltage range 85 to 264 VAC
- 12 V standby voltage, 1 A per front-end
- Highly efficient topology reduces operating costs
- Status LEDs: AC OK, DC OK, and fan fail/overtemperature fail
- I²C interface status and control
- I²C voltage and current limit setting
- Analog output voltage setting
- Overtemperature, output overvoltage, and output overcurrent protection
- O-ring circuits for true redundant operation:
- V01: ORing FETs; V02: ORing Diodes