Avago Technologies' ACPL-061L-000E is an optically coupled optocoupler that combines an AlGaAs light emitting diode and an integrated high gain photo detector to address the low power need. The optocoupler consumes extremely low power, at maximum 1.5 mA IDD per channel across temperature. The forward current is as low as 1.6 mA to 4 mA and allows direct current drive by most microprocessors. These optocouplers support both 3.3 V and 5 V supply voltage with guaranteed AC and DC operational parameters from a temperature range of -40°C to +105°C. The output of the detector IC is a CMOS output. An enable input allows the detector output to be strobed. The internal Faraday shield provides a guaranteed common mode transient immunity specification of 20 kV/µs.
- Ultra-low current lDD consumption: 1.5 mA max
- Low input current capability: 1.6 mA min
- Built-in slew-rate controlled output
- Tri-state output with enable pin VE
- Communication Interface: RS485, CANBus, I²C
- Microprocessor System Interfaces
- Digital isolation for A/D, D/A conversion