Atmel's AT86RF233 feature rich, low-power 2.4 GHz transceiver is designed for industrial and consumer IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee, SP100, WirelessHART™, ISM, and high data rate applications. It is a true SPI-to-antenna solution providing a complete radio transceiver interface between the antenna and the microcontroller.
The device comprises an analog radio transceiver and digital demodulation, including time and frequency synchronization and data buffering. All RF-critical components are integrated on a single chip, minimizing the number of required external components to the antenna, crystal, and decoupling capacitors. The bi-directional differential antenna pins, used for transmission and reception, eliminate the need for an external antenna switch.
An internal 128 byte RAM buffers transmit and receive data. Two on-chip, low dropout (LDO) voltage regulators provide the internal analog and digital 1.8 V supply.
- High Performance RF-CMOS 2.4 GHz radio transceiver
- Ultra-low current consumption:
- DEEP_SLEEP = 0.02 µA
- TRX_OFF = 300 µA
- RX_ON = 11.8 mA (Listen)
- BUSY_TX = 13.8 mA (Max transmit power)
- Ultra-low supply voltage (1.8 V to 3.6 V) with internal regulator
- Support for coin cell operation
- Optimized for low BoM cost and ease of production:
- Few external components necessary (crystal, capacitors and antenna)
- Industrial temperature range of −40°C to 85°C
- Compliant to IEEE 802.15.4-2003/2006/2011
- Compliant to EN 300 328/440, FCC-CFR-47 Part 15, ARIB STD-66, RSS-210