The AT42QT2160 from Atmel implements 16 touch channels and a slider (using 2 to 8 channels) as well as LED control, IO expansion and a 2-wire serial interface, compatible to the industry standard I2C bus.
The Integrated Circuit (IC) is ideal for use as a small control panel processor in battery driven consumer devices such as mobile phones, personal media players, PDAs, digital picture frames and other mobile appliances. It is based on Atmel's QMatrix™ and QSlide™ technologies, has very low power requirements and provides a very wide range of host programmable input/output configurations.
The EVK2160A allows the user to evaluate all functions of the AT42QT2160 touch sense controller. The kit provides a convenient reference design and allows the user to visualize discrete touch buttons or a touch slider LED control.
This kit is for the evaluation and development of applications using the AT42QT2160-MMU ('QT2160') 16 Key QMatrixTM IC. In this example, the QT2160 is shown working in a battery powered 'Standalone' mode, but can be connected to a PC and/or User application by simple modifications to the EVK2160A Evaluation Board.
- Up to 16 independent touch channels
- Touch slider control (2 to 8 channels) with up to 8 bit resolution
- Tiny 4 mm x 4 mm MLF package RoHS compliant
- Integrated LED control through 11 PWM outputs
- Host programmability through an I2C compatible interface
- Spread spectrum acquisition
- Recalibration and Dynamic drift compensation
- Adjacent Key Suppression™ (AKS™)
- Very low power operation (> 1.0 µA @ 1.8 V in sleep mode)
- 11 programmable interface lines – 3 can be configured as inputs or outputs, 8 are output only
- Personal media players
- Digital still cameras
- Digital picture frames
- Audio and video equipment