The AT42QT1060 IC provides all of the functions needed to create a fully functional touch interface for a mobile phone or other handheld device. The AT42QT1060 is a touch sensor IC designed to make the development of mobile and other applications as fast and simple as possible.
It is based on Atmel's QTouch™ technology and provides all of the signal processing and input/output functions required in a tiny 28-pin, 4 mm x 4 mm RoHS compliant package. AT42QT1060 includes a guard channel to prevent false detections by other keys, and features LEDs directly powered by the IC, eliminating the need for an external LED controller.
The EVK1060A allows the user to evaluate all functions of the AT42QT1060 touch sense controller. The kit provides a convenient reference design and allows the user to visualize discrete touch buttons, the guard channel and LED control.
The EVK1060A works stand-alone but can also be connected to a host or a PC. The device comes fully assembled, tested and documented.
- Supports up to 6 touch channels
- Integrated guard band function, leveraging Atmel's AKS™ technology
- Host programmability through I2C interface
- Integrated LED control through 7 PWM outputs
- Direct LED drive (low current LEDs)
- Seven host programmable inputs/outputs
- System wake-up capability
- Spread spectrum acquisition
- Recalibration and dynamic drift compensation
- Very low power operation (> 1.0 µA @ 1.8V in sleep mode)
- Tiny 4 mm x 4 mm MLF package RoHS compliant
- Personal media players
- Digital still cameras
- Portable consumer products