APM Hexseal's APM self-sealing screws are designed to seal to 20,000 psi, as well as fasten anyplace where gas or liquids are present or under pressure (vacuum). APM's SEELSKREW® stainless steel self-sealing screws feature an embedded O-ring technology (an APM patent) that eliminates the need for liquid sealants. The silicone O-ring resides in an asymmetrical groove located under the head, which permits 360° metal-to-metal contact between the underside of the fastener and equipment exterior surface for positive sealing. Because no adhesive is required (dry), the fastener can easily be removed many times for field servicing and upon initial installation promotes more precise torque. There are no chemical vapors for workers to breathe in, and no waste disposal problems.
High-Pressure SEELSKREWs are used extensively in underwater, surface marine, instrumentation, medical, military-ground, aviation, automotive, robotics, and off-road construction equipment in a wide variety of hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical control systems.
- Positive sealing under vacuum or pressure
- Installs like a conventional fastener
- Reusable and compatible with all surface finishes
- Operating temperature range of -160° to +500°F (-106°C to +260°C)
- Full 360° metal-to-metal contact assures fastening integrity
- Uniform, high-strength design
- UL and CSA recognized
- UL tested
- RoHS and DFARS compliant
- Made in USA