Apex Microtechnology's PA12 is a state-of-the-art, high-voltage, very-high-output current operational amplifier, designed to drive resistive, inductive, and capacitive loads. For optimum linearity, especially at low levels, the output stage is biased for class A/B operation using a thermistor compensated base-emitter voltage multiplier circuit. The safe operating area (SOA) can be observed for all operating conditions by selection of user-programmable current-limiting resistors. For continuous operation under load, a heatsink of proper rating is recommended. The PA12 is not recommended for gains below -3 (inverting) or +4 (non-inverting).
This hybrid integrated circuit utilizes thick film (cermet) resistors, ceramic capacitors, and semiconductor chips to maximize reliability, minimize size, and give top performance. Ultrasonically bonded aluminum wires provide reliable interconnections at all operating temperatures. The 8-pin TO-3 package is hermetically sealed and electrically isolated.
- Low thermal resistance - 1.4°C/W
- Current fold-over protection - NEW
- High-temperature version - PA12H
- Excellent linearity - class A/B output
- Wide supply range - ±10 V to ± 50V
- High-output current - up to ±15 A peak
- Motor, valve, and actuator control
- Magnetic deflection circuits up to 10 A
- Power transducers up to 100 kHz
- Temperature control up to 360 W
- Programmable power supplies up to 90 V
- Audio amplifiers up to 120 W RMS