Analog Devices' ADIS16210 iSensor® is a digital inclinometer system that provides precise measurements for both pitch and roll angles over a full orientation range of ±180°. It combines a MEMS tri-axial acceleration sensor with signal processing, addressable user registers for data collection/programming and a SPI-compatible serial interface. In addition, the production process includes unit specific calibration for optimal accuracy performance. It also offers digital temperature sensor and power supply measurements together with configuration controls for in-system calibration, sample rate, filtering, alarms, I/O configuration, and power management.
The MEMS sensor elements are bound to an aluminum core for tight platform coupling and excellent mechanical stability. An internal clock drives the data sampling system, which eliminates the need for an external clock source. The SPI and data buffer structure provide convenient access to accurate sensor data and configuration controls.
The ADIS16210 is available in a 15 mm × 24 mm × 15 mm module that provides mounting tabs with M2-sized mounting holes and a flexible, edge terminated connector interface. It has an extended operating temperature range of −40°C to +125°C.
- ±0.1 degree accuracy roll and pitch measurement
- ±0.05 degree axis-to-axis alignment
- Both inclinometer and accelerometer outputs
- Digital internal temperature measurements
- Programmable user calibration options
- Programmable operation, control, and alarms
- Platform control, stabilization, and alignment
- Tilt sensing, inclinometers, and leveling
- Motion/position measurement
- Monitor/alarm devices (security, medical, safety)