Analog Devices' ADP5053 combines four high-performance buck regulators, supervisory, watchdog, and manual reset in a 48-lead LFCSP package that meets demanding performance and board space requirements. The device enables direct connection to high-input voltages up to 15.0 V with no preregulators.
Channel 1 and Channel 2 integrate high-side power MOSFET and low-side MOSFET drivers. External NFETs can be used in low-side power devices to achieve an efficiency-optimized solution and deliver a programmable output current of 1.2 A, 2.5 A, or 4 A. Combining Channel 1 and Channel 2 in a parallel configuration can provide a single output with up to 8 A of current. Channel 3 and Channel 4 integrate both high and low-side MOSFETs to deliver an output current of 1.2 A.
The switching frequency of the ADP5053 can be programmed or synchronized to an external clock. The ADP5053 contains a precision enable pin on each channel for easy power-up sequencing or adjustable UVLO threshold. The ADP5053 contains supervisory circuits that monitor voltage level. The watchdog timer can generate a reset if the WDI is not toggled within a preset timeout period. Processor reset mode or system power on/off switch mode can be selected for manual reset functionality.
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5 V to 15.0 V
- ±1.5% output accuracy over full temperature range
- 250 kHz to 1.4 MHz adjustable switching frequency
- Adjustable/fixed output options via factory fuse
- Power regulation
- Channel 1 and Channel 2: programmable 1.2 A/2.5 A/4 A sync buck regulators with low-side FET driver
- Channel 3 and Channel 4: 1.2 A sync buck regulators
- Single 8 A output (Channel 1 and Channel 2 operated in parallel)
- Precision enable with 0.8 V accurate threshold
- Active output discharge switch
- FPWM or automatic PWM/PSM selection
- Frequency synchronization input or output
- Optional latch-off protection on OVP/OCP failure
- Small cell base stations
- FPGA and processor applications
- Security and surveillance
- Medical applications