The Analog Devices ADP2384 and ADP2386 are synchronous step-down, DC-to-DC regulators with integrated 44 mΩ, high-side power MOSFETs and an 11 mΩ or 11.6 mΩ, synchronous rectifier MOSFET to provide a high efficiency solution in a compact 4 mm × 4 mm LFCSP package. These devices use a peak current mode, constant frequency pulse-width-modulation (PWM) control scheme for excellent stability and transient response. The switching frequency of the ADP238x can be programmed between 200 kHz to 1.4 MHz. To minimize system noise, the synchronization function allows the switching frequency to be synchronized to an external clock.
The ADP238x requires minimal external components and operates from an input voltage of 4.5 V to 20 V. The output voltage can be adjusted from 0.6 V to 90% of the input voltage and delivers up to 6 A of continuous current. Each IC draws less than 110 μA current from the input source when it is disabled. This regulator targets high performance applications that require high efficiency and design flexibility. External compensation and an adjustable soft start function provide design flexibility. The power-good output and precision enable input provide simple, reliable power sequencing.
- Input voltage: 4.5 V to 20 V
- Integrated MOSFET: 44 mΩ/11.6 mΩ
- Reference voltage: 0.6 V ± 1%
- Continuous output current: 4 A
- Programmable switching frequency: 200 kHz to 1.4 MHz
- Synchronizes to external clock: 200 kHz to 1.4 MHz
- 180° out of phase clock synchronization
- Precision enable and power good
- External compensation
- Internal soft start with external adjustable option
- Startup into a pre-charged output
- Supported by ADIsimPower design tool