Analog Devices' AD8476 is a very low power, fully differential precision amplifier with integrated gain resistors for unity gain. It is an ideal choice for driving low power, high-performance ADCs as a single-ended-to-differential or differential-to-differential amplifier. It provides a precision gain of 1, common-mode level shifting, low temperature drift, and rail-to-rail outputs for maximum dynamic range.
The AD8476 also provides overvoltage protection from large industrial input voltages up to ±23 V while operating on a dual 5 V supply. Power dissipation on a single 5 V supply is only 1.5 mW. The AD8476 works well with SAR, Σ-Δ, and pipeline converters. The high-current output stage of the part allows it to drive the switched capacitor front-end circuits of many ADCs with minimal error.
Unlike many differential drivers on the market, the AD8476 is a high precision amplifier. With 200 μV maximum output offset, 39 nV/√Hz noise, and −102 dB THD + N at 10 kHz, the AD8476 pairs well with low power, high-accuracy converters. Considering its low power consumption and high precision, the slew-enhanced AD8476 has excellent speed, settling to 16-bit precision for 250 kSPS acquisition times.
- High performance
- Suitable for driving 16-bit converters up to 250 kSPS
- 39 nV/√Hz output noise
- 1 ppm/°C gain drift
- 200 μV maximum output offset
- 10 V/μs slew rate
- 5 MHz bandwidth
- Single supply: 3 V to 18 V
- Very low power
- Fully differential or single-ended inputs/outputs
- VOCM pin adjusts output common mode
- Robust overvoltage up to 18 V beyond supplies
- Differential output designed to drive precision ADCs
- Drives switched capacitor and Σ-Δ ADCs
- Rail-to-rail output
- Dual supplies: ±1.5 V to ±9 V