The ams AS8501 is a complete, low power data acquisition system for very small signals (e.g. voltages from shunt resistors or thermocouples) that operates on a single 5 V power supply. The AS8501 has four ground referring inputs that can be switched separately to the internal PGA.
The outstanding analog performance of the AS8501 is ensured by a specifically designed robot system that tests the IC's individual analog parameters, determines specific trim parameters by means of a complex calibration routine, and stores this data in the IC. It is an improved version of the AS8500, which if offered with a standard trim setting.
|Features and Benefits
- High resolution (16-bit, up to 21-bit by external averaging)
- High linearity (<0.1%)
- No offset
- Sampling rates from 2 Hz up to max 8 kHz
- Fast dual channel measurement (quasi synchronous)
- Single 5 V supply
- Low noise (0.1 μV RMS for 0 to 5 Hz)
- Choices for full scale input range versus ground: ±7.5 mV, ±15 mV, ±30 mV, ±120 mV or 800/-300 mV
- Multiple input channels, configurable as:
- 4 single ended channels or 2 fully differential inputs
- With or without programmable pre-amplifier
- Programmable current sources