ams' AS8223 is a monolithic FlexRay-compliant Active Star device that manages communication traffic between the communication controller interface and four FlexRay branches. It is also expandable to more branches through an Interstar interface.
One of the communication paths operates as a receiver while the others operate as transmitters. The four branches of the AS8223 consist of a FlexRay receiver and transmitters which support the bus wake-up function.
Additionally, the AS8223 comes with a Host Controller Interface to achieve active control of the power modes and error diagnosis. An autonomous mode is entered automatically, in which the device operates without the need for a host controller. The built in communication controller interface provides the standard transceiver functionality on the ECU using the AS8223.
The FlexRay Active Star Device is available in MLF 9 x 9 44-pin package.
|Features and Benefits
- Message forwarding upon all communication paths
- Data transfer up to 10 Mbps
- Compliant with FlexRay Electrical Physical Layer Specification V2.1 Rev B
- Low susceptibility to EMI
- High end diagnostic capabilities for detecting faults on the bus lines
- Automatic thermal shutdown protection
- Supports 12 V and 24 V systems with low sleep current
- Local wake-up input
- Operating ambient temperature range -40°C to +125°C Pb free
- Integrated power management system
- Remote wake-up capability via FlexRay branches
- Supports Autonomous Power Mode and Host Controlled Power Mode management
- Supports 2.5, 3, 3.3 and 5 V microcontrollers and automatically adapts to interface levels
- VCC supply voltage buffer for fail-safe conditions
- Protection against damage due to short circuit conditions on the FlexRay branches