The ams AS5245 is a contactless magnetic angle encoder for accurate measurement up to 360° and includes two AS5145 devices in a punched stacked lead frame. It is a system-on-chip, combining integrated Hall elements, analog front end, and digital signal processing in a single device. To measure the angle, only a simple two-pole magnet, rotating over the center of the chip is required. The magnet may be placed above or below the IC.
The absolute angle measurement provides instant indication of the magnet's angular position with a resolution of 0.0879° = 4096 positions per revolution. This digital data is available as a serial bit stream and as a PWM signal. An internal voltage regulator allows operation of the AS5245 from 3.3 V or 5.0 V supplies.
|Features and Benefits
- Contactless high resolution rotational position encoding over a full turn of 360°
- Two digital 12-bit absolute outputs
- Quadrature A/B (10- or 12-bit) and index output signal
- User programmable zero position
- Failure detection mode for magnet placement monitoring and loss of power supply
- "Red-Yellow-Green" indicators display placement of magnet in Z-axis
- Tolerant to magnet misalignment and air gap variations
- Wide temperature range: - 40°C to 150°C
- Unique chip identifier
- Fully automotive qualified to AEC-Q100, grade 0