The AS5115 from ams is a redundant, contactless rotary encoder sensor for accurate angular measurement over a full turn of 360°, and over an extended ambient temperature of -40°C to +150°C. Based on an integrated Hall element array the angular position of a simple two-pole magnet is translated into analog output voltages. The angle information is provided by means of buffered sine and cosine voltages. This approach gives maximum flexibility in system design, as it can be directly integrated into existing architectures and optimized for various applications in terms of speed and accuracy.
An SSI interface is implemented for signal path configuration and a one-time-programmable register block (OTP), which allows the customer an adjustment of the signal path gain for different mechanical constraints and magnetic fields.
|Features and Benefits
- Contactless angular position encoding
- High precision analog output
- Buffered sine and cosine signals
- SSI interface
- Low-power mode
- Programmable output modes: differential, single ended, and common
- Programmable sensitivity
- Wide magnetic field input range: 20 - 80 mT
- Wide temperature range: -40°C to +150°C
- Automotive qualified AEC-Q100, grade 0