The AS1337 from ams AG is a synchronous, fixed frequency, high-efficiency DC-DC boost converter supporting single or dual cell applications. It is capable of supplying 200 mA at 3.3 V from two AA cells. The compact size and minimum external parts requirements make it perfect for portable devices.
In addition to up to 97% efficiency at moderate and heavy loads, the AS1337 includes an automatic power save mode that improves the efficiency at light loads. The powersave mode is initiated if the output load current falls below a factory programmed threshold. For input voltages higher than VOUT, the AS1337 will switch in a step down mode.
There are two variants of the AS1337, A and B. The AS1337A offers a shutdown mode where the battery is connected directly to the output enabling the supply of real-time-clocks or memories. In the shutdown mode of the AS1337B, the battery is disconnected and the output is discharged. The AS1337 offers a Power-OK (open-drain) output signaling.
View the AS1337 Application Note
- Input voltage range: 0.65 V to 4.5 V
- Output voltage range: 2.5 V to 5.0 V
- Delivers 200 mA at 3.3 V (from two AA cell)
- Single-Cell operation supported
- Up to 97% efficiency
- Automatic powersave operation
- Logic controlled shutdown (< 1μA)
- TDFN (3 x 3 mm) 8-pin package
- Medical diagnostic equipment
- Handheld instruments
- Digital cameras
- Remote wireless transmitters
- MP3 players
- LCD bias supplies
- Cordless phones
- GPS receivers
- PC cards