The Altera EN5329QI is part of a pin compatible family of low-profile, high efficiency, synchronous buck converters. Pin compatibility provides a single solution footprint enabling a scalable, copy and paste solution for embedded computing, FPGAs, ASICs and embedded processors.
A complete Power System-on-a-Chip (PowerSoC), the EN5329QI integrates the inductor, controller, power MOSFETs, gate drive and loop compensation in a tiny 4 mm x 6 mm x 1.1 mm package with a total solution footprint of only 55 mm². The 1.1 mm height and small footprint enables the use of this part where space and available height is at a premium.
The simple design and small external BOM enable fast time to market. The loop compensation can be adjusted to accommodate a range of output filter capacitor requirements. Unlike discrete power products, Enpirion's turnkey point-of-load power solution gives the designer a complete power system that is fully simulated, characterized, validated and production qualified.
- No thermal derating required over industrial temperature range
- 3.2 MHz switching frequency enables small I/O filter capacitors
- 4 mm x 6 mm x 1.1 mm low-profile QFN-24 package
- Simple resistor divider VOUT programming
- Pin-compatible and scalable family of synchronous DCDC Buck converters: EN5319QI (1.5A), EN5329QI (2A) and EN5339QI (3A) PowerSoCs
- High reliability; 2.7 FITs; 42,000 years MTTF
- 2 A continuous output current
- Power OK signal
- Integrated inductor
- Fully RoHS compliant and Halogen free
- 2.4 V to 5.5 V input range
- Pb-free manufacturing line compatible
- High efficiency; up to 95% peak