Allegro MicroSystems, LLC has developed a line of fully integrated Hall-effect digital position sensor ICs that detect changes in magnetic flux density, allowing them to distinguish movement and position. These contactless sensing solutions require few external components and can withstand the hostile operating conditions of automotive applications.
Hall-effect digital position sensor ICs detect changes in magnetic flux density, allowing them to distinguish movement and position. These contactless sensing solutions require few external components and can withstand the hostile operating conditions of automotive applications.
Specific advantages of Allegro’s solutions include:
- 4x chopper-stabilization for offset cancellation provides: enhanced switch point stability that increases accuracy in measuring motor speed or duty cycle, and industry leading jitter performance that outperforms the competition
- Low voltage (3 V) operation and lower ICC for more power efficient devices
- Many standard products are designed to survive harsh automotive transient conditions, including double battery and 40 V load dump, without a limiting series resistor, which eliminates the need for external components and prevents transient voltage field failures
The majority of Allegro’s digital position sensing volume ships into demanding automotive applications, and has a proven quality record and dedication to continuous improvement.
Allegro offers a broad range of switching and latching solutions to cover just about any application need.
A1120, A1121, A1122, and A1125
Chopper-Stabilized Precision Hall Effect Switches
A1220, A1221, A1222, and 1223
Chopper-Stabilized Precision Hall Effect Latches
Unipolar Switch with Built-in Diagnostics
|| -40 ° C to 150 ° C
- Externally enabled diagnostics feature
- Output short-circuit protection
- Reverse battery protection
- Small, surface mount package - 5-lead SOT-23W
- Internal regulator enables operation from unregulated supplies
- Diagnostics feature exercises the entire magnetic and electrical signal path within the IC
- Superior temperature stability through advanced chopper stabilization techniques
- Automotive, Industrial and Consumer Applications
- Shift selectors
- Open/close detection
- Simple speed sensing
- Motor commutation