3M™ Lapping and Polishing Films give you unmatched consistency and control for finishing and polishing hard-to-grind materials such as carbide, ceramics, hardened metals, exotic alloys and composites. They are engineered to help you achieve target finishes in fewer passes, so you can increase production without the need to invest in new machines or add shifts. They also provide a cleaner and faster alternative to diamond slurries or stones in many applications.
3M Lapping and Polishing Films are designed to meet the rigid standards of highly technical electronic or related specialty finishing applications. Precision manufacturing or coating produces consistent, fine finishes.
- More consistent, predictable, repeatable finishes
- Up to 50% faster than conventional abrasive methods
- Eliminates traverse and chatter marks – helps reduce rejects and reworks
- Change grades in less than a minute – saves downtime on multiple grade sequences
- Superior durability
- Higher cut rate
- Fine finishes
- Achieve finer finishes
- Microreplicated abrasives
Lapping and Polishing Films