3M's twin axial cable assemblies for PCI Express extender card applications, the 8Kxx series, are one-to-one direct extenders, including power and low-speed signals that are part of the PCI Express (PCIe) specification. Cables are available in X16, X8 and X4 standard channel sizes, in male to female configurations. As with other 3M twin axial cable, SL8800 series-based products, these assemblies can be folded to provide unique and specific geometries, maximizing the use of space and reducing obstruction to airflow. These mechanical benefits are provided along with the extremely low loss and excellent signal integrity customers have come to expect from 3M's SL8800 series twin axial cables.
- PCIe standard interface and capable of carrying 2.0 and 3.0 data
- High bandwidth, data rates up to 8 Gbps
- Flexible, bendable cable can be folded to make sharp turns with little or no impact on electrical performance
- Low profile to facilitate air-flow in restricted server chassis space
- 85 Ω differential impedance
- Enterprise computing such as high-performance computing (HPC), servers, and storage
- Medical imaging such as MRI, CT, and CAT