3M Fabric Tape CN-3490 is a conductive, non-woven fabric and unique electrically-conductive, pressure-sensitive acrylic adhesive.
CN-3490 tape is used for applications requiring excellent electrical conductivity from the substrate, through the adhesive, to the conductive backing. Common uses include grounding and EMI shielding equipment, components, and shielded rooms. The unique, thin metallized backing offers the additional benefits of excellent flexibility and conformability, very light weight, and exceptional strength. The conductive backing also helps minimize the possibility of finger lacerations.
Many factors determine the true shielding effectiveness of a shielding tape, including type and thickness of foil adhesive type, intimacy of contact, smoothness of application surface, strength and frequency of the EMI signal.
Digi-Key can offer you a quote on your secondary services. For more information on 3M available options or if you need assistance, contact CustomCut.3MProducts@digikey.com. Please send outline dimensional drawings to the aforementioned e-mail address.
- Color: gray
- Adhesive: conductive acrylic
- Type of backing: copper/nickel coated non-woven fabric
- Total thickness (backing plus adhesive): 2.4 mils (0.06 mm)
- Liner thickness: 5.8 mils (0.14 mm)
- Breaking strength: 35 lb/in (16 kgf/25 mm)
- Adhesion strength: 30 oz/in (800 gf/25 mm)
- Cu/Ni-plated, conductive non-woven fabric
- Conductive acrylic adhesive
- Supplied on a removable liner for easy handling
- Offered in various slitter roll sizes and die-cuts available