Digi-Key's Call for Papers
At Digi-Key, we welcome article submissions from our readers, licensed partners, and industry experts. We will review each submission and determine its suitability for our online Article Library. Our editors will work diligently through every stage of the submission process to ensure a smooth workflow and the best presentation of articles accepted.
*Articles with global or country-specific relevancy will be considered for the international Article Library site.
|2014 Call for Papers Schedule
|Q1 - Gallium Nitride (GaN) Technology: GaN technology properties afford benefits for many applications including optoelectronic, high-power, and high-frequency devices. Topic areas could include applications involving LEDs, Laser Diodes, MOSFETs, and HEMTs (high-electron-mobility transistors).
||November 5, 2013
||December 3, 2013
||January 7, 2014
|Q2 - Avionics/Military/Space (AMS): The AMS market calls for high-reliability and system redundancy at the core of their designs. Topic areas could include communication, navigation, flight control, and display systems.
||February 4, 2014
||March 4, 2014
||April 8, 2014
|Q3 – Internet of Things (IoT): The IoT is projected to grow tremendously over the coming years. Topic areas could include wireless sensor interfaces, low-power RF, appliance/device diagnostics and error reporting, secure data transmission, near-field communication, RFID, and automated inventory control to name a few.
||May 6, 2014
||June 3, 2014
||July 1, 2014
|Q4 – Wearable Technology: The wearable technology market is projected to triple by 2018 according to some estimates. Application areas include Healthcare and Medical (blood pressure monitors, hearing aids, etc.), Fitness and Wellness (pedometers, heart rate monitors, etc.), Infotainment (smart glasses, smart watches, etc.), Industrial (hand-worn terminals, heads-up displays, etc.), and Military (smart clothing, hand-worn terminals, etc.).
||August 5, 2014
||September 2, 2014
||October 7, 2014
Note: If you have an idea for an article that is not part of this theme, please send a brief article abstract for consideration to email@example.com.
Articles and white papers can be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please share this information with colleagues who may be interested in contributing.
- Digi-Key prefers submitted content to be unique, used only for Digi-Key’s online Article Library.
- Digi-Key prefers content be submitted in English.
- Articles MUST discuss parts in Digi-Key's inventory. This means Digi-Key must have stock or be receiving stock soon.
- Articles and summaries should be original content. Plagiarized content will be declined if permission is not received to reprint that content or if the source is not cited. If a source is used, that source must be cited within the article or within the footnotes at the end of the article.
- For authored content, written permission is required from the original source to eliminate any potential plagiarism and copyright infringement issues (specifically charts, graphs, pictures, quotes, and IP specific to a technology or product – e.g. code snippets). Re-writing a supplier’s article will need to be authorized by the original author to eliminate anything that may be perceived as misrepresentation of the author’s intent for the meaning of the article.
- Technology being written about must not be more than 2 years old. Note: Articles on older technology may be acceptable, but the article must be written recently.
- Articles should not contain comparison of Digi-Key suppliers ranking one as better than the other. Such comparisons will be removed from the article/s in question.
- Keywords and URLs linked in the article should be provided at the top before main body of article.
- If a link to a URL is included in the article, ensure that the URL is still active and contains the information pertinent to the subject it references.
- Opinions within articles should be limited to personal experience when using a product or working on a product. Opinions regarding specific suppliers will be removed from the article(s) in question. Articles should not contain comparisons of Digi-Key suppliers ranking one as better than the other. Such comparisons will be removed from the article(s) in question.
- Suggested article length is greater than 1500 words.
- Figures or images should be no larger than 600 pixels wide and 96 dpi.