Future Designs, Inc. - Future Designs, Inc. is a full service design and production company with hardware, software, mechanical and system level expertise and a 25 year history of proven success. Our ELI™ and uEZ™ GUI Family of products for Touch Screen LCD GUI and HMI applications provide “Off The Shelf” solutions that allows customers to quickly and cost effectively upgrade their User Interfaces. Products are available with LCD’s from 3.5” to 15.0”, resistive touch and PCAP options. FDI can take your concept all the way from the back of a napkin, through design and prototypes, to high volume production, branded with your logo and shipped directly to your end customers.
Digi-Key’s library of more than 2000 exclusive PTM Online… On Demand® product training modules is a collection of training tools created with you – the busy design engineer – in mind. They are provided with the cooperation of participating supplier partners. From this one source, you can learn about the latest products and technologies, download datasheets, check inventory, contact our technical staff, and place an order for same-day shipment.
These modules are available in audio and non-audio formats and listed by supplier in easy-to-find alphabetical order. Simply locate the module that interests you and click on your format of choice. We hope you find these tools useful, and with new modules added continuously, we invite you to stop back often to see what’s new.
Product Training Modules Online...On Demand® is a registered trademark of Digi-Key Corporation.
= Updated Product Training Module - PTM
= New Product Training Module - PTM
To view modules, you will need Adobe Flash Player 9, or greater, installed on your computer. Adobe Flash Player is available FREE from Adobe.
Flash Player | Flash Player Support Center
|7.0" Resistive Touchscreen LCD GUI - Future Designs' µEZ® GUI is a compact, highly integrated, LCD controller platform. The second in the family of µEZ GUI products, the µEZGUI-1788-70WVT has 8 MB of SDRAM and 8 MB of NOR Flash. The unit includes a 7.0" WVGA TFT LCD, with dimensions for the complete assembly of 6.7" x 5.2" x 0.55" tall. On-board features include USB device, microSD memory card, real-time clock with supercap backup, 3-axis accelerometer, temperature sensor, and mini JTAG connector.
|Instant GUI 3.5” Touch Screen LCD - Future Designs, Inc.'s uEZGUI-RX62N-35QT is designed to be used as an “off-the-shelf” Graphical User Interface (GUI) or Human Machine Interface (HMI) in a variety of end customer applications. The miniature, self-contained design is well suited to embed directly into your product or FDI offers prepackaged versions for stand-alone use.
|GainSpan Wi-Fi Wireless Adapter Boards - The Serial to Wi-Fi Adapter Boards from Future Designs Inc. provide the means to evaluate the capabilities of GainSpan’s low power Wi-Fi modules and the Serial to Wi-Fi embedded software as well as the development of Wi-Fi enabled devices using Renesas microcontrollers. The serial to Wi-Fi boards are designed to plug into Renesas Development Kits (RDK) through the Application Header Interface or the PMOD interface.
|More about Future Designs, Inc.FDI
has developed a line of products to support the Embedded Design and Development process. This includes a line of quick-start development kits for the XA microcontroller family and PC based products to support the I2C serial bus and to support ISP and IAP programming of FLASH based microcontrollers.
- XTEND – Family of Philips XA Microcontroller Design and Development Kits. Supports XA-G3, XA-G49, XA-S3, XA-H3, XA-H4, XA-SCC and XA-C3.
- PC-12C-KIT – PC-based I2C Development Adapter, Let your PC talk I2C. Provides Windows-based I2C Development via PC parallel port adapter.
- USB-MPC-KIT – This Windows-based USB to Multi-Protocol Converter provides multiple communications capabilities supporting: I2C & MDIO. USB-MPC-KIT supports the MDIO 22 and 45 standards in addition to I2C. MDIO 22 and 45 are also known as 802.3 Clause 22 and 802.3ae Clause 45, respectively.
- USB-ICP – USB Based In-Circuit Programmer for Flash based micro-controllers. Supports USB 2.0 and is USB port powered so no external power supply is required. USB-ICP is used directly by Philips and distributor FAEs and is stocked by Digi-Key.
- PC-ISP-FLASH – PC-based ISP FLASH Programming Adapter supporting In-System Programming and In-Application Programming of Microcontrollers from Philips, Atmel, SST, etc.
- LCD-DEMO-KIT – This is a reference design for a low cost microcontroller, the Philips LPC9xx, and LCD solution. The kit includes example code for several sample applications. The user can edit this code and download to the reprogrammable Flash microcontroller via a header included on the board